My Favorite Inexpensive Light Fixtures for Every Part of the Home

I am not an overhead-light sort of person. I really hate the overwhelming brightness that comes with a big light fixture, but I also know I need light around my home to keep me awake, motivated, and happy. As a result, I've become a small-lamp enthusiast. I have surprisingly strong opinions on the best lamps and small lights, having tried so many kinds, so let me share a little of my wisdom with you.

Best multifunction lamps

Two recent lamp purchases have given me lighting sources I couldn't imagine living without going forward and that's because they do so much more than brighten the room. The first is one I got this week thanks to October Prime Day. I immediately purchased this shelf/lamp combo, which arrived yesterday and took me about half an hour to build using the included screws and accessories. For the shopping holiday, it was marked down to $33.67 from $49.99 and even though Prime Big Deal Days are over, it's still marked down.

Once I got it assembled and placed in the corner of my room, I was instantly impressed with its size and storage capacity, plus its sturdiness. It was easy to assemble and the pieces fit together just right, so it's sturdy as can be. It casts a surprisingly wide light and looks damn sharp. I got to work putting some electronics and doodads on the shelves right away and think it's already enhanced my living room a ton.

I also love this desk lamp I got last year, which is currently retailing for $28.98. I keep it next to my bed, where I can toggle between warm and cool light, dim the brightness, and use the USB port to run the fan I use for white noise without overwhelming my limited outlet space. There's even a wireless charger built into it, so you can toss your phone right on the base. This was a really solid purchase and I can't imagine going back to a plain, single-function lamp by my bed.

Other little lighting sources I love

I live in a small apartment with limited natural light and a surprising number of nooks and crannies, so I've found some inventive ways to get light where I need it most, too. One upgrade I made this summer was small, magnetic, motion-activated strip lights that I installed in my closet. Closet organization is important to me, since I want to make the most out of all the clothes and accessories I spend my money on, but it's challenging to keep a closet in good shape when you can't see what's going on in there. These rechargeable lights are super easy to attach wherever you need a little brightness and you can set them to activate when they detect motion, so they stay off when the closet is closed. You can get a pack of six for $30.99.

When I got those, I also picked up some cute little adhesive button lights, which I stuck to the ladder that leads up to my loft. I won't lie: They don't cast a substantial glow. Still, they make the space a little nicer-looking and are helpful for finding my way up and down the ladder when it's dark. Plus, they come with a small remote that enables me to change their colors, so I usually set them to pink or purple to match my vibe, making them pretty cohesive with my decor. You can get six for $21.98.



from News https://ift.tt/6hIY8Ry
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Apple Fritters Are Made With Instant Pancake Mix

There are many types of apple fritters—the thick, doughnutty yeast-raised sort, or the lightly battered apple rings—but it’s the craggy, app...